This is a course addressed to all health professionals interested in acquiring specific basic knowledge on scoliosis and other spinal disorders. It runs over 3 consecutive days, combining lectures involving theoretical and practical knowledge.
- How to be an active member of a multidisciplinary team, for the treatment of deformities of the spine
- Understand the pathogenesis and pathomechanism of the morphological alterations of the spine in idiopathic scoliosis and sagittal plane disorders (Scheuermann and others)
- Carry out a clinical and functional assessment of the patient with scoliosis and elaborate a complete clinical history
- Make a correct clinical and functional diagnosis of sagittal plane and scoliosis disorders
- Use and interpret the questionnaires about the life quality of the patient with scoliosis
- Assess and interpret radiological images of the patient with scoliosis using digital tools for its assessment, diagnosis, comprehension and prognosis
- Assess, analyse and understand the orthopedic treatment recommended in the deformities of the spine, including Physiotherapeutic Scoliosis Specific Exercise (PSSE) and Bracing
- Understand the importance of the use of scientific evidence in the non-surgical treatment of the scoliosis
- Apply the SOSORT Guide for the Clinical Practice, published in 2018.
All face to face courses currently postponed due to COVID-19
Can’t make it to a face to face course? Consider completing the Basic Course online through BSPTS: https://bspts.net/courses/basic-level-1st-ed-scoliosis-english/